The National Forum for Women with Disabilities (NFWDD) was founded to ensure that disabled women participate in every sector of the society. Even though Pakistan is slowly recognizing Sexual Reproductive and Health Rights (SRHR) as well as Gender Equality as fundamental human rights, and a few credible NGOs are contributing efficiently towards the cause but women with disabilities have still not been openly educated about SRHR. Globally as well as in the context of Pakistan, a lot of work is being done in the field of SRHR but there is very less representation of disability.
Hence, it is time to bring disabled women to the table and open up discussion and advocacy for SRHR issues.
In partnership with Asia Safe Abortion Partnership (ASAP), NFWWD is proud to introduce an SRHR Council within the forum to present SRHR issues with WWD.
THE BIG IDEA
• Identify 10 women representing different disabilities with prior basic knowledge and interest to be advocates of SRHR. (From Lahore)
• Train them and equip them for an enhanced representation of disability rights and actively participate in policy making, research and at the same time hold local action plans so they can become responsible peers in their communities.
10 Women representing different disabilities, attendants or parents of disabled women from Lahore will be selected from a pool of applicants.
• There is no training cost.
• All the participants will be provided with training material and meals during the three days of the training and the follow up meeting.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Females with any disability aged 18 and above. (From Lahore only)
• Available between the workshop dates, i.e. 12th to 14th June, 2015 fully.
• Be available in the first week of August to attend the follow up meeting
• Have some understanding of SRHR, Safe Abortion and a keen interest to be an SRHR Advocate.
• Have a belief in volunteer work.
• Have the ability to work in a team particularly in diverse group.
• Have respect for others’ opinion, culture, faith and disability.
• Willing to contribute to the development of the network in her locality.
HOW TO APPLY? If you fulfil; the above stated criteria and consider yourself as the best candidate, request and complete the application form by emailing email@example.com before 15th May, 2015.